Author Topic: Prepared Ham: Tell us what we need to do to make PH a better place for your amat  (Read 15552 times)

W.Lynn

• CDT
  • Trouble-making grandma
My request is simple and small.  :) Is there a way to put a "view first unread" button on threads? Great time saver when you are trying to catch up on a thread. Maybe it is there some where and i didn't see it?

Above the toolbar, right below the logo and your sign-in name, you can select "unread posts" - if you like to narrow it down even more, you can select the next one down, and view unread replies to your posts. 

AD

• Administrator
  • Extra Class Ham Radio Op / VE, CERT
If you click the little orange NEW button, it will take you to the new posts. 

Otherwise, at the top of the forum on the left side see

show Unread Posts Since Your Lat Visit

This will bring up all of them
The only dumb question is the one that did not get asked!!

idial1911

• Administrator
  • Extra Class and VE
My request is simple and small.  :) Is there a way to put a "view first unread" button on threads? Great time saver when you are trying to catch up on a thread. Maybe it is there some where and i didn't see it?

No... If you click the orange "new" icon next to the post on the screen with the list of posts it will do that though.
The more I learn, the less I know.

Tempstar

• Extra, VE, SC Agency MARS, AUXCOMM, ARES/RACES
Why don't each of s just make the commitment to get one new member on the board? I'll start today.
"Preparedness is a lot more than just buying stuff"

AD

• Administrator
Why don't each of s just make the commitment to get one new member on the board? I'll start today.

Roger that. Great idea Temp

besidethecreek

• New Site Member
Working on that. He has checked it out and will join he is just a little unsure of boards. Never been on one. I figure this is a good one to cut his teeth on. He is just starting with radio like me and is a very like minded individual.

AD

• Administrator
Thanks BSTC for having them check us out. 

Rockntoy

Okay, here is my two cents worth. I joined up here because of AA's book and his forthought into the what if. I wanted to learn the basics and see how things were used as antennas and such in a SHTF senario. I got my general license because of the website and still working on getting a upgrade soon. I would like to see how people make and/use the systems they have so I could learn from there. The website is very good but for the beginner or lower like me it kind of deadends and I get bored with the fancy systems people have. I am a poor man trying to make it all wprk and I have to see what works and don't and why it works and don't. The local raio club i joined up with are not the most informative people when it comes to newbies. They are all in their later years and have a large knowledge but will not share the simple things and if you don't have a big expensive radio, well your not worth much. As far as AD and the others that try and keep this going it will take a little work in keeping people occupied here. It might be helpful in going back to the roots of the website and see if AA and Geof can help put some survival type stuff in here for the people. It would help draw people from the DS as well other sites if that kind of material was presented. Like I said, just my 2 cents. Ya and tell AA and TEX to get their license. ;D
XTRA Ham
Follower of AA

AD

• Administrator
Rock

Appreciate the input. New job has kept me for concentrating on this.  I will try to do better.

Rockntoy

Not your blame, its all that come here including me. I should have more input and questions but time and money and honeydews are killing me this year. It will pick back up this fall when it gets to cold to be outside and everyone starts playing on the keyboard again.
XTRA Ham
Follower of AA