Author Topic: The Current Extra exam expires in June of this year (2012) - SPREAD SPECTRUM 10w  (Read 6928 times)

SigInt

• Amateur Extra
  • Ground Control 121
    • Can you find me now?
If you are studying for your extra, get that upgrade soon or you may have to study for a whole new pool of questions.

BTW at least one of the answers is wrong but "acceptable". Make sure you get it right for practice but know the limit for on the air use.
You will not see it on the test but you will find it in many practice areas/sites.

E1F13: Has to do with max power for spread spectrum. It was 100 watts and is now 10 watts.
I repeat you will not see it on your test!

If you use spread spectrum the ARO (Amateur Radio Operators) can only use 10 watts now. There are 300 plus watts Amps for the 900MHZ band still legally for sale but not usable in the amateur environment.

http://www.arrl.org/news/ncvec-deletes-question-from-amateur-extra-question-pool

The group of questions that have been removed  from the Extra Element 4 Pool Test (effective July 1, 2008 - June 30, 2012) are:

E1C04
E1C05
E1F13
E2E10
E8C04
E9C16

Get them right for the practice sites that score you but understand that they will not be on the exam.
Books I highly recommend:

One Second After
Under the Dome
Earth Abides
The Road
The Stand

AD

• Administrator
  • Extra Class Ham Radio Op / VE, CERT
Thanks for the update Sig. 
The only dumb question is the one that did not get asked!!

scubadivingjoe

• Prepper
Thanks for letting me know.  I will have to take the tests soon.

idial1911

• Administrator
  • Extra Class and VE
Yea i am planning on starting to study here in the next few weeks.
The more I learn, the less I know.

bob

• New Site Member
I'll wait for the new extra question pool.  My old brain may take some time to process all of this information and I won't be ashamed to take the exam a couple of times before passing.

OTOH, I've looked over the current question pool and have few problems other than theory.

As soon as the new question pool is released I'll get a running start.  As a grandfathered Advanced class licensee I have a few more privileges beyond General, but I want 'em all!

-bob