Radio > EmComm/Emergency Power

Phoenix area CERT training in Chandler 3 Saturdays in Aug

(1/1)

AD:
For those members in the PHX area, Chandler Cert is starting a new training program.  I received this email on Friday.  I am going to try hard to make these classes but my business travel could always get in the way. 

Our next Basic CERT Class will be on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Saturdays in August, from 8 AM to 4 PM in the Chandler Fire Administration Bldg, second floor conference room.  The last Saturday will be at the Fire Training Center on 3550 S Dobson Road. Here's the content description.

21 Hours of Disaster Preparation training consisting of the following:
Disaster Preparedness, Terrorism
Disaster Psychology
Disaster Medical Operations I
Disaster Medical Operations II
Basic Search and Rescue  
Fire Safety and Suppression; Incident Command, CERT
Coarse Final Exam and Disaster Simulation Drill
Instructors: From Chandler Fire Department.  To register, contact CERT Admin at 480-782-2116 or email to certadmin@chandleraz.gov by August 1st.

scubadivingjoe:
Love to go but the last class is the same day as my first day at school. 

W.Lynn:
Hey scuba, what about contacting the instructor, let them know that's your only drawback, and ask if you can do any final work/quiz after the next-to-last class?

AD:
Next Sat is the Phx/Chandler CERT training

We are just one week away from the start of our Basic Class 52!  As confirmed registrants for this class, you are receiving this email as your final reminder and as a recap of what you can expect during the class.  I do urge each of you to be sure your schedule is clear for you to attend all three sessions.  We will not be able to add people after the class has started, so we hope you will let us know if there is any chance of your not being able to attend.

Site Detail and What You Can Expect Throughout the Class

1.       ALL classes will be held at the Chandler Fire Training Center, 3550 S. Dobson.  The Training Center entrance is south of Queen Creek, on Dobson, on the west side and right before the new construction area at Intel.  There is one traffic light after Queen Creek, with Price Road on the right and Market Street on the left.  There is a large Orbital complex on the right side, and right after that you will see a sign for the Training Center driveway entrance.  Drive down and look for our CERT volunteers to guide you to park on the left side, in the gravel area.  The volunteers will then show you the way to the classroom.  We have to park on the side for this class because Chandler Fire has a Car Seat Clinic in the parking lot from 9 to 12.  You will be able to park in the lot after lunch.

2.       You will be greeted by CERT volunteers at the classroom, given your Class materials and various forms to fill out and the main roster to sign.  It is important that at each start of a class Unit, you sign the roster by your name so that we have a written record for your FEMA Certification.   Here again, CERT volunteers will assist you and remind you!

3.       Throughout the class time, we will provide water and coffee, and some finger-food snacks.  Lunch will be from 12:00 to 1:00 and will be your preference.  There are quite a few fast food and general restaurants in the area, and there is a kitchen/break area where you can eat a take-out lunch.

4.       Dress for the first Saturday can be casual, with shorts/capris and sandals.  Dress for the second Saturday and for the Final Drill third Saturday should be closed-toe shoes and long pants.  The class is a fun, interactive event, and while the material is quite important and serious, we all enjoy and are entertained by the stories our instructor-firemen tell and by some of the fun hands-on activities! 

5.       Because we value your time, we will always start right on time at 8:00 AM each class and at 1:00 after the lunch break.  Please plan to arrive a little early, especially the first day, so you will have time to sign in, get coffee, and settle in!

We look forward to meeting each of you!

Barbara Warren

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version