Author Topic: Interesting new Coax Cable that reduces loss as the frequency goes higher.  (Read 4908 times)

AD

• Administrator
  • Extra Class Ham Radio Op / VE, CERT
Interesting new Coax Cable that reduces loss as the frequency goes higher.

My friend John Miklor did a write up on a new coax cable that reduces line loss as the frequency increases.  It even has a outer cover that "glows" and shows RF hot spots in the cable.  How kewl is that?

PERFORMANCE  TESTS  –  LMR-450G
The recently announced LMR-450G cable has aroused much curiosity since its characteristics have not been collectively available by any one source.  By multiple inquiries to several manufactures (only three at this time) and numerous lab tests, we hope to put many of the existing questions to rest.

DESCRIPTION
The physical make up of this cable varies slightly from most conventional RF cables.  The center conductor is a semi-stranded copper alloy surrounded by Telfon, which will absorb and distribute cable ‘hot spots’ caused by excessive standing wave.  The double silver braid and foil outer coating which provides a 98.6% shield is what the inverted high frequency loss characteristics are attributed.  The loss is substantially less as the frequency increases, making this cable especially attractive for UHF, cellular, PCS and microwave applications.

Read more here
https://hamgear.wordpress.com/2015/04/01/inverted-high-frequency-loss-with-lmr-450g/
The only dumb question is the one that did not get asked!!

spacecase0

• my spiritual forum
if this is not an april fools joke, it is the neatest thing I have seen in a long time

Quiet1

• Hurricane Surfer
  • Prepper
  • Is somebody tuning up, or just my tinnitus again?
if this is not an april fools joke, it is the neatest thing I have seen in a long time
Not at all.  Rockwell Collins uses this cable to provide inverse reactance for the universal phase detractor in their latest retro encabulator.  Additionally, this cable's high magnetoreluctance allows for direct modal coupling into capacitive diractance, which is a significant advance over the older prefabulated amulite linkage.
North of the salt, south of I-10.

ghrit

• Prepper
Not at all.  Rockwell Collins uses this cable to provide inverse reactance for the universal phase detractor in their latest retro encabulator.  Additionally, this cable's high magnetoreluctance allows for direct modal coupling into capacitive diractance, which is a significant advance over the older prefabulated amulite linkage.
WOW!!  That will allow completely bypassing the kinnifflin pins!!
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
KB3ZMF        FN21dy
Amateur Extra Class,  VE
www.survivalmonkey.com

Quiet1

• Hurricane Surfer
  • Prepper
  • Is somebody tuning up, or just my tinnitus again?
Precisely.  It also allows logarithmic augmentation of the Sperving bearings, in such a way that the hydrocoptic Marzell vane alignment is now semi-asymptotic.
North of the salt, south of I-10.

AD

• Administrator
  • Extra Class Ham Radio Op / VE, CERT
I was busy editing a video when Tevin sent me a note saying it might be a "Fools Joke".  If so I thought it was the best thing I have seen in a long time.
The only dumb question is the one that did not get asked!!

Lamewolf

You are forgetting the statafrackas knibulator !