Author Topic: EXTRA  (Read 10332 times)

idial1911

• Administrator
  • Extra Class and VE
Re: EXTRA
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 11:29:57 AM »
Well, I'm happy the BS and couch commandoes stay out of here. I just reached the point I couldn't read or respond to it any longer. This site defines the difference between the wanna be gun collectors and "others" from the people who actually get out and do something.

Better to have 100 who know what they are doing, than 10,000 who are just talk

YMMV:)

Interesting comparison between the ham world and the gun world. I agree, but see it a little differently.

In the gun world you have a bunch of guys who own a gun, shoot it once a year have killed a dear with it, and are complete and utter gun experts.. They are more than willing to share the tiny ass little gem of knowledge they have only to try and prove they know their shit. They have never really trained, and at a range with a 5k rifle they can hit a bull at 100 yards.  They think they are are experts...

In Ham radio, you got guys who are 70 years old+, who actually do know a good bit, but refuse to share any info with you because even though you hold you done what is required of you to achieve a license you "aren't a real ham" because you didn't have to take the code. Ask them a question they will tell you are an idiot. Then in the next breath talk about how hard it is to get new hams interested in the hobby..... :o

I've learned after shooting competitively for years that people are scared to come out, get scored, and get their results posted next to 120 other shooters, because there is a good chance they will find out quickly that they don't stack up, so they would rather stay inside claim their "expert" status to friends who don't know better and are content with that.

Me I'd rather be out there end up in last place, and learn and work my way up from the guys who are actually getting results.. Takes all kinds!! I'll get off the soapbox!
The more I learn, the less I know.

PLA

• Se Az / Extra/VE
    • The Quiet Survivalist
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 03:31:35 PM »
"I've learned after shooting competitively for years that people are scared to come out, get scored, and get their results posted next to 120 other shooters, because there is a good chance they will find out quickly that they don't stack up, so they would rather stay inside claim their "expert" status to friends who don't know better and are content with that"

Amazingly Ive had a similar experience, again, the reason I bailed from the other boards.
What the wanna bes and keyboard commandoes are posting from their fantasy world, I am doing every day down here. So I have a put up or shut up mentality. And no patience anymore for those types.

Here, if you dont know, you ask and recieve either an "Ive never heard of it or I dont know".

Or more likely an intelligent answer which answers what the question was about without sarcasm and stupidity.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 03:33:50 PM by PLA »

AD

• Administrator
  • Extra Class Ham Radio Op / VE, CERT
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 04:07:35 PM »

Or more likely an intelligent answer which answers what the question was about without sarcasm and stupidity.

Wait a Minute here!!!!  We have plenty of sarcasm and for the stupidity, you have me  ;D
The only dumb question is the one that did not get asked!!

BTPost

• Old Fart Ham
  • Prepper
    • Bruce's Trading Post
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 04:10:15 PM »
Yep, lots of those types around, on many different forums.... There are always the "GunKid" types, and forums that allow them to post their rubbish. I really like this place as one of the few, that takes Comms to the Newbies, and has a lot about getting folks Prep'ed for the coming Dark Night.  If any of you are looking for a GOOD, Family type, Prep'er Forum, with 7.5K+ US and International Users, and 200K+ Posts, you might want to try over on www.survivalmonkey.com....  Now I am a bit prejudiced, as I am one of the few Non-Founder Moderators over there, but It is truly a place, where Prep'er Information is shared, and Sound Principles Taught, in a Family type, Forum..... Just Say'en..... YMMV.....
Bruce in alaska AL7AQ

PLA

• Se Az / Extra/VE
    • The Quiet Survivalist
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 03:13:17 PM »
And my call sign is up in FCC as modified on 03302012/ im officially an Extra

Well  either that or Im a Tech again :o