Author Topic: What do I say?  (Read 15948 times)

AD

• Administrator
  • Extra Class Ham Radio Op / VE, CERT
Re: What do I say?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 09:54:15 PM »
Tex

1911 and i will come up and help you heard goats.  I will bring the cubans, 1911 will bring the jack and you supply the sheep.... :o i mean goats.     8)
The only dumb question is the one that did not get asked!!

idial1911

• Administrator
  • Extra Class and VE
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 10:03:11 PM »
Its very configurable. So it depends how you want to config it.. I think I am about 3400$ into it..

k3 100watt kit is 2k
p3 panadater is like 700
w2 watt meter is like 229
the antenna tuner was 299
general coverage RX module 150
IF out was 120

The receiver is supposed to be best one available right now.. Also sprung for a new mic..

As for how hard to assemble I don't think to hard.. No soldering. But you have to snap the boards together and stuff.. The instructions are on the website you can see exactly what it takes.
The more I learn, the less I know.

idial1911

• Administrator
  • Extra Class and VE
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 10:04:12 PM »
Tex

1911 and i will come up and help you heard goats.  I will bring the cubans, 1911 will bring the jack and you supply the sheep.... :o i mean goats.     8)

Just give me a date! I ain't afraid of some snow either.. Grew up in New England.. Frankly I miss it!!

Fat Clyde

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 10:34:13 PM »
Completely off topic but what kinda horses you in to? I like the saddle breds! Just got back into it after a long time without riding. Bought a quarter horse my wife fell in love with so I gave it to her. I'm currently retraining a 9yo saddle bred who is a bit of a nuckle head for myself. Good rider though and fastest saddle bred I ever rode. Sorry for going off topic...

AD

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 10:48:30 PM »
Ask Tex. he help round up ponys for the NFR. 

AngeryAmerican

• New Site Member
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 10:51:59 PM »
Im in for the Cubans n goats, but i aint sleeping in a tent with either of you. :o

idial1911

• Administrator
  • Extra Class and VE
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 10:53:33 PM »
Im in for the Cubans n goats, but i aint sleeping in a tent with either of you. :o

AD sleeps nude.. I won't sleep in the same state as him..

AD

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 10:56:46 PM »
AD sleeps nude.. I won't sleep in the same state as him..

How the F-ck did you guys know????  Its like having an elephant truck in the tent with you  :(

I can pick up peanuts with it too  8)

idial1911

• Administrator
  • Extra Class and VE
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 11:02:31 PM »
How the F-ck did you guys know????  Its like having an elephant truck in the tent with you  :(

I can pick up peanuts with it too  8)

I threw up in my mouth a little bit there...... :o

AngeryAmerican

• New Site Member
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 11:22:14 PM »
If I had an ice pick, I'd stab my minds eye out.

Tex

• Good friends are hard to come by. Treat'em that way.
  • Need a horse?
    • Wyoming: where the men are men and the women are too
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 03:26:04 AM »
If things work out and I am able to get the weed management contracts and I get enough goats to do it, I will be required to have a herder out with them. This is to insure that they are where they are supposed to be in order to eat the most weeds. Another reason is to help protect them from predators. Wolves are spreading out allover up here. I have been wanting a sheepwagon for a guest house anyway. This will give me a good excuse to buy one. They have a small castiron stove and a bed in them as well as lots of storage. Until I get a sheepwagon though, I will have to make do with a canvas wall tent.

Clyde, we raise working cowhorse bred quarter horses. We also have a couple of race bred thoroughbreds. We are hoping to be able to run a colt on the track in a couple of years, but that is a spendy deal. We probably wont be able to do it, but its fun to think about. If we gave up all of our other interests we could maybe swing it, but ranching just doesnt offer a steady and dependable enough income to throw away on racing horses.

Tex

You big'uns line up, and you little'uns bunch up. It's about to get western.

Hamsexy

• Shepherd's Apprentice
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra class
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 06:30:40 AM »
If things work out and I am able to get the weed management contracts and I get enough goats to do it, I will be required to have a herder out with them.

When do I start??!!  I'm retired.  I'm a hermit by choice.  I ride.  I have 25 years experience training and working Border Collies for herding competitions.  I have herded goats but most of the time it was Barbados and Katahdin sheep.  And God knows, I work cheap!

I almost tried for a contract with the city of Vail Colorado a few years back.

All seriousness aside...  You make me wish I was just a little younger and a lot closer.. :D

Tex

• Good friends are hard to come by. Treat'em that way.
  • Need a horse?
    • Wyoming: where the men are men and the women are too
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 02:40:13 PM »
HS,
I really could use your help. We have two border collie pups that we raised. The bitch and sire are both out of good lines. We had to put the bitch down though. Long story. Anyhow, the pups were born the day after Thanksgiving and we have got rid of all but two. I was only going to keep one, but the Hostile Native decided that sense I have bad luck with borders, I better hedge my bets and keep two. I've tried older dogs, but my personality doesnt mesh too well with borders and it worked out to where we got a bred bitch, so we are trying this route. I'm loud and boisterous and the borders I've had in the past were always on the shy or timid side. I always had good luck with heelers and head dogs. Border collies are more laid back than I am used too.

Why dont you come out this summer and you can hang out here at the ranch. The Natives uncle still trains BC's for competition, but he is too old to come up and stay and he lives too far away. As of right now I have the largets bunch of angora goats in Wyoming, but I dont have many. I am trying to get the cash together to get a bunch more bought. Im planning on going to OK and Tx to visit family this spring and I want to stop by and pick up some better seedstock to start improving my herd and the fleece quality. Also, there is another guy I deal with who will sell me the majority of his herd and if all goes well, I will be buying them. My goal is to be the largest angora breeder in the NW US. I'm pretty close now. Maybe a couple of people in front of me. If all goes well, I will get the contracts and will be able to justify a sheepwagon. That will look cool, a sheepwagon with a bog antenna and a solar panel.

Wow, we got way off topic. LOL. All of this though, is one of the reasons that I wanted to get into HAM radio.

Tex

p.s.
I was serious about coming out if you want. We are kinda hermits too. The closest town is 11 miles away, but it is small, small. The next closest town with any size is 25 miles away. Lots of wide open country.
You big'uns line up, and you little'uns bunch up. It's about to get western.

Hamsexy

• Shepherd's Apprentice
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra class
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 05:02:52 PM »
Wow, we got way off topic.

Sure did!  I'm going to take this to PM.

AngeryAmerican

• New Site Member
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2012, 06:29:35 PM »
Boy you guys are prone to wondering.  ;D I choke Tex up to too long indoors. Ham, i refuse to use the last part of that, your association with AD make you guilty as hell, you get a pass for taking this wierdness to PM.  8)