Pass the Test > General

Passing the General

<< < (2/4) > >>

Recon prepper:
bryan thats encouraging then :)

bryanthegoon:
There are some other tricks that can help with the math questions if you are still worried.  You can often get it down to a 50/50 shot (or even better)... some examples  (I know some of this can be on the verge of cheating, but they do publish the questions and answers, I can't see how memorization tricks would be considered cheating as that is likely how most people pass anyway)....

--- Quote ---E5B07-2012: What is the phase angle between the voltage across and the current through a series RLC circuit if XC is 500 ohms, R is 1 kilohm, and XL is 250 ohms?
14.0 degrees with the voltage lagging the current
68.2 degrees with the voltage leading the current
14.0 degrees with the voltage leading the current
68.2 degrees with the voltage lagging the current
--- End quote ---

there are 4 questions worded just like this ( but different values).  I can never remember how to do the math on these questions, but ....  if you look at the 2 X values (the first and last value in every question) you can tell if voltage is leading or lagging by comparing the two, if the last number is bigger it is leading if it is smaller it is lagging (so in this case lagging)  And all 4 of these questions the answer is 14 degrees (14.0 or 14.1)  so with that information you can quickly solve any of those 4 if they came up ( at most one of the 4 would be on your test).

--- Quote ---E5A14-2012: What is the resonant frequency of a series RLC circuit if R is 22 ohms, L is 50 microhenrys and C is 40 picofarads?
3.56 MHz
44.72 MHz
22.36 MHz
1.78 MHz
--- End quote ---

There are 4 questions worded just like this, only the values are different...  In each case the answer is a "low" value of MHz (in fact this is the only one of the 4 questions where the answer is not the lowest value in MHz)

Some of us are not that good at remembering formulas.  so for the math questions sometimes this is just easier.  But like I said there generally are not that many math questions and even in a worst case scenario you can miss all the math and still pass.

bryanthegoon:
Since I forgot to mention it ... in both of the above examples the top answer is the correct one... (answers may not be in that order on the test itself but those are the options that would be presented)

AD:
BTG

Are not those Extra questions?

idial1911:
yea.. I think those babies  are from the extra but I could be wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version