data base issue again. > Server Migration Issues AGAIN

Latest Issue with website

<< < (2/3) > >>

XJP5:

--- Quote from: AD on October 25, 2018, 06:50:47 PM ---well I am sure most of you have noticed we have been off of the air for about 3 weeks.

I had a database connection error that popped up on the hosting site(Go Daddy)

Dont know how it happened but it crashed us hard...

--- End quote ---

AD, database maintenance is a specialty. It really is. Everywhere I worked in the technology field over the past 17 years, we've had dedicated DBAs to maintain these relational databases. I know very little about them, with the exception of how vulnerabilities occur from the Cybersecurity perspective. Doesn't GoDaddy offer any services or assistance in a situation like this? I probably know the answer already, and that's why I would gouge their eyeballs out for my services, if they ever requested them.

AD:
Guys what I dont understand is that with little traffic causing the database to be added to amd NO ONE messing with the back end on the server side, how does the database get corrupted?

For years PH ran without issues until I upgraded the server to host multiple website.

Now I have the blog posts on www.preparedham.com not connecting to the articles.

I am not smart enough on the server side to correct this issue.

spacecase0:
running separate databases for each site ?

ever run the command ?
mysqlcheck -u root -p --auto-repair --check --optimize --all-databases

AD:
Nope.  I dont know anything about it.

spacecase0:

--- Quote from: AD on November 05, 2018, 10:00:59 PM ---Nope.  I dont know anything about it.

--- End quote ---
if you can run that command, then do it when the site database is messed up
if you can't run it, then whoever runs your site is not maintaining things well enough

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version